Raghothamashtakam is stothram narrating the glory of Lord Rama who comes from Raghu Kulam ( Clan) and He is the most Uththama of that Raghu Kulam.
The Stotram Glorifies Lord Rama as one
- Who is worshiped by Devas
- Who vanquished the demons obstructing Vishwamitra's Yagna
- Who Broke the Siva Dhaush( Bow)
- Who obeyed father's commands
- Who spent 14 years in forest carrying Bow and arrow
- Who shot Mareecha who came in the form of the golden deer
- Who performed Jatayu's last rites and gave him Moksham
- Who became friendly with Vanaras and built a bridge to croo the ocean to fight Ravana
- Who was ruled Ayodhya and gave protection from enemies
- Who was like Sun that removes the darkness
- Who made Devas and his relations happy
- Who was a gem of the Raghu Clan.
Here is a presentation on Raghothamashtakam